Core responsibilities of Electrical Maintenance Service and Repairers
Core Responsibilities of Electrician
- Designing and implementing work schedules for the electrical staff.
- Providing motivation and assistance when necessary.
- Inspecting and assessing the work done by the electrical staff.
- Reading and interpreting design schematics to ensure the proper installation of electrical systems.
- Troubleshooting major system failures and equipment malfunctions.
- Repairing and maintaining electrical equipment.
- Overseeing the purchasing and maintenance of the electrical equipment on-site.
- Ensuring the work is completed on schedule and to code.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area.
- Consulting with builders, architects, and other workers on-site.
Duties of Electrician
- ensuring all work carried out in relation to electrical equipment and installations in their area of responsibility is adequately supervised — this includes electrical staff, contractors and labour hire employees
- ensuring electrical equipment or installations in their area of responsibility are installed and tested in accordance with the Mine Safety and Inspection Regulations 1995 and maintained in a safe working condition
- ensuring electrical installations and equipment are in accordance with Australian Standard AS/NZS 3000 Electrical installations (also known as the Australian/New Zealand Wiring Rules)